The Endoscopy Center, The Endoscopy Center North, and The Endoscopy Center West have each achieved reaccreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), according to Gastrointestinal Associates.
The three centers are ambulatory surgical centers conveniently located adjacent to Gastrointestinal Associates clinics. During the accreditation process, the centers earned excellent reviews in every category of AAAHC’s independent, external evaluation of the quality of patient care.
Gastrointestinal Associates, founded in Knoxville in 1971, focuses on quality of care and continued innovation to remain one of the Southeast’s leading GI practices. Gastrointestinal Associates opened the country’s first licensed endoscopic ambulatory surgery center in 1986.
“Our patients deserve the best,” said Jeff Dew, CEO of Gastrointestinal Associates. “When you see the AAAHC certificate, it means the national accrediting organization closely examined our centers and procedures and found them to meet nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality health care. It also is a renewal of our commitment to continuously deliver excellent care.”
Ambulatory health care organizations seeking accreditation by AAAHC undergo an extensive self-assessment and on-site survey by AAAHC expert surveyors – physicians, nurses and administrators who are actively involved in ambulatory health care. The survey is consultative and educational, presenting best practices to help an organization improve its care and services.
Over the last 32 years, GIA has performed more than 250,000 screening colonoscopies providing early detection and prevention of colon cancer in East Tennessee.
The outpatient endoscopic facilities specialize in colon cancer screening and gastroenterology with three convenient locations: The Endoscopy Center, 1311 Dowell Springs Blvd.; The Endoscopy Center North, 629 Delozier Way; and The Endoscopy Center West, 11440 Parkside Drive.