Cancer screenings can save lives, and Gastrointestinal Associates is committed to providing and promoting screening colonoscopies in East Tennessee.
That’s why GIA is holding Colon Cancer Screening Day on Saturday, October 28. We want to offer this opportunity for those of you who work throughout the week and can’t miss a day, allowing you to schedule a screening colonoscopy on a Saturday without having to take time off work.
Here’s more information about the event:
- It takes place at our new, state-of-the-art Dowell Springs facility in Knoxville.
- Anyone age 50 or older who has no symptoms and has not yet had a screening colonoscopy is invited to participate.
- Whether you’ve been putting it off because you have no symptoms or simply want to avoid missing work, everyone over 50 should receive a screening colonoscopy. This is an opportunity to check it off your list before the end of the year.
- If you have symptoms and don’t qualify for the Saturday event, we encourage you to make an appointment with one of our board-certified physicians who can further evaluate your case.
- We accept most major insurance plans.
- Appointments are limited.
To make an appointment or learn more, simply call 865-512-5997 or email us at email@example.com. Please be sure to mention Screening Saturday in the subject line of your email.
Of cancers that affect both men and women, colorectal cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States. However, according to a 2014 study released by the Yale Cancer Center, widespread screening has resulted in an estimated 550,000 fewer cases of colorectal cancer over the past three decades.
GIA board-certified and highly experienced physicians perform more than 15,000 colonoscopies each year. While the national benchmark for detection of precancerous polyps is 25%, GIA’s detection rate in screening colonoscopies is over 49%, helping to save lives through early detection.
Don’t wait to get a colonoscopy. It could save your life.